I’ve been on a kick reading some non-fiction. I started with Brene Brown, then Glennon Doyle, and then Gretchen Rubin. I’ve been loving all of the inspiring ways to improve the way I look at life and communicate with others. I’ve been
stalking following these three authors Gretchen Rubin, Brene Brown, and Glennon Doyle on podcasts and social media.
After listening to a podcast of Gretchen Rubin, Happier with Gretchen Rubin, it inspired me to also make a list of 18 goals in 2018.
So here I go!
- Read 52 books in 2018
- Eat more fruits and vegetables!
- Be more patient and pause before getting angry with my kids or husband. Take a breath and think before speaking when I am angry! (However, when I went to Reconciliation in my church recently and confessed to losing my temper, the priest told me that maybe they just weren’t listening and it wasn’t my fault!!! I was laughing so hard!)
- Finish my youngest child’s scrapbook……….
- Clean out and organize my office and start working in there instead of in the kitchen.
- Plan an overnight (at least one night) in a hotel with my husband at least once a quarter. It is so nice to sleep in a hotel and not have to worry about our 8 year old climbing in between us. It is different than if we stay at home, and they stay at a grandparent’s house. At a hotel, I won’t be unloading the dishwasher or doing laundry or going through mail, etc. We can order room service and eat breakfast in our robes and not feel (much) guilt.
- Get a physical. I haven’t had a “well visit” like I get for my kids every year since I got a high school physical in high school for cheerleading! My doctor recommended I come in for a routine physical now that I am 40.
- Read a biography of someone……….anyone. I am so drawn to fiction, especially thrillers. I need to expand to other genres.
- Say NO!! I say yes so often and then get overwhelmed. I have to practice saying no even though sometimes the FOMO gets to me!
- Organize digital photos and print out albums on Shutterfly, Snapfish, etc
- Have a date night or date lunch at least once a month with my husband.
- Train for a race with my husband and run together. We used to run at least 2 half marathons a year. Now hockey and gymnastics rule our life, and I rarely run outside. Normally it is 6am on my treadmill watching “This is Us” or a Shonds Rhimes Show.
- Try to vary our food and recipes by going to the local meat market and specialty grocery stores more often.
- Host an adult couples dinner party. My husband has been begging me to do this for a long time now, and I get so anxious about cooking, cleaning, and hosting.
- Clean out and refresh clothing “basics” (tank tops, underwear, bras, socks)
- Attend yoga twice a month. I’ve been hooked on Les Mills classes and spinning, but I miss the quiet and challenges in the hot yoga classes.
- Organize our pantries and keep them organized!!
- Purge any beauty products I am not using. I have lots of items I am hanging onto for no reason at all!
Wish me luck!!